Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Birth of my son

many times I have thought about the circumstances of my son's birth. I have remembered the fear, the pain and confusion. I have been angry for the dangerous conditions of giving birth on the the basement floor. of never being seen by a doctor.of being more of a slave than a daughter. But one thing, something terrible I have tried to avoid thinking about was the danger to my baby. Not thinking only was he exposed to germs, but with no medical supervision, he could have been injured or killed. Not just at the moment of his birth, but also when my father placed him, wrapped in a brown bath towel, into a cardboard box and transported to the trunk of the car. He was in the box inside of the trunk until after we arrived at the house on Henderson Ave. He certainly could have died. I can never forgive that horrible treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment