Monday, June 27, 2011

something I needed to hear

although I have certainly heard it before, it is timely for me to hear this today;

If God seems slow in responding, it is because He is preparing a better gift. He will not deny us. God witholds what you are not yet ready for. He wants you to have a lively desire for His greatest gifts. All of which is to say, pray always and do not lose heart.

-- St. Augustine

How many hours of the night do I waste away, wanting to have things work more in the timing that would better suit me?
I would have wanted, and still want, to have had the oportunity to raise my son myself, rather than have him stolen from me.
Be he is my son now.
How much would I rather be able to spend time with him now, and it is only in the future some day that I will see him?

All of the time, day and night, I keep wanting things to go my way.
God forgive me, for not waiting for your provident timing, and your best will for my life.
It is hard to sit and wait.
Patience has never been my favorite lesson. I never want to have to learn it, I know it will take me all of my life.

Taking a deep breath, trying to find some peace with what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment