Thursday, June 30, 2011

rough day all around

I found out today that our group therapy is losing not just one intern, but also the therapy facilitator..... and it's like saying good bye to friends, except it's basically forever.
I understand that the rules are made to protect everyone, so caregivers don't suffer burn out and clients don't get too dependant, but it is still hard to deal with. We have been very blessed with good people in this group, and it is the only group I have ever been in where I am actually asked how I feel about the leaders leaving.... it's hard, I really do care about these wonderful women.

I had a very good therapist when I was in Maryland, and fortunately can still contact her from time to time, but not on the same basis as before I moved away.

This whole week is about losses, with the anniversary of my youngest daughter's death coming on july 4th, and not hearing from my son while he is on vacation, and I've been starving with no help coming before friday.

I hope and pray that my life can get more stablized, but so far it's been one doggone thing after another.

My oldest daughter, who I was just bragging about earlier as to how she was doing so much better about not 'drunk dialing' me and making me uncomfortable on the phone...... messed up her record and drunk dialed me tonight and it started to degenerate into her telling me that I'm 'failing as a mother' because I was getting tired of the way she was just repeating herself over and over about the dude-du-jour....... [how do we say that in espanaole?]. I really want her to understand that she can only expect to end up with a stable relationship if she stops bed-hopping and actually gets to know a guy, introduce him to all of her friends, etc., but she never hears me sober or drunk.

Yeah, a real winner of a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment