Wednesday, June 1, 2011

lost time, making up for lost time

there are 2 kinds of lost time, one where you can't remember, and the other where you just can't turn back the clock.

I really want to have what I lost, and am trying to put together enough replacement items to make it better. I am planning to get a scrap book and make a special memory book about my son, and it won't be easy. I spent a lot of time "babysitting" him as my mother raised him as her boy, but I am at a loss for any of the written notes about when he first walked, spoke, and other firsts. I don't have dates for any of it, I was never allowed to think of him as mine.

I do have his newborn photo, and will make copies so it will be safe.
I have some photos from his pre-school and school age years, but they are sparse, and my mother did not put dates on most of them.

I have his baby shoes, and his Dennis the Menace doll, I am making new clothes for the doll.

Bits and pieces.

I need a future with him in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment