Tuesday, January 17, 2012

one bright spot

one bright spot in my day makes all the difference.
it has been a real struggle to get through december and the first half of january, with the anniversary of my youngest daughter's birth.
Grace Noel would have turned 30 had she not been murdered in 1997, now she has been dead nearly as long as she was alive. the worst anniversary ever.

my sleep patterns are totally screwed up, and I have been so depressed it is impossible to describe.

just now, however, I saw a picture posted on facebook of a baby with the silliest expression on his face, and the caption; you mean to tell me you don't go anywhere when we play peek a boo?

it brought back the memory of how much fun it was playing peek a boo with my son when he was tiny. He would laugh and laugh, and it was so much fun it always brought tears to my eyes.
the best kind of tears.
like Doctor Who says; Humany-woomany [crying while happy]

I need more laughter, more joy, more things to look forward to.
I need my family and my friends, and my God, how I need my God!

a friend called yesterday to get me thinking about our rosary society tea party project, and I am actually looking forward to it this year. last year nobody contacted me so I just didn't even go.
I am making decorations, and imagining the menu....... and waiting for the first meeting of ladies for plans.

one more bright spot, in the grey sad winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment