Saturday, January 7, 2012

what passes for wisdom

every day I see platitudes posted online, people advise;
forget about the past, don't think about sad things, just live for now....
etc., etc.

Life is not that simple. As one who struggles daily to get anything done
and is constantly bombarded with painful memories, I have to say;
it is not that simple!
Get a clue.
When someone is tortured throughout childhood, abused and used and disrespected repeatedly by one bastard after the next, how do you just forget about it?
I see a commercial on tv, it reminds me of my son being stolen from me.
A story on the internet, reminds me of having been raped.
over and over again.
Talk about ending bullying........... and I say it does not end in childhood. Subtle emotional bullying, telling me how I should feel, what I should think, how I should react....... but they MEAN well.
Well meaning is often just an excuse for not bothering to think about how someone feels, and just spouting out advice like vitamins and candy bars.... go ahead, this will make you feel better.

What if I'm not supposed to feel better?
Isn't 'feeling better' just another way of saying it was alright for them to do what they did to me?
If I shut up and walk away, maybe somebody somewhere is thinking their abusive actions against their victim is alright, after all, nobody ever complains......... maybe everyone really DOES forget about it and go on acting as though they are ok.

I'm NOT O.K.

I'm somewhat better off than I was, as I never let anyone abuse me for a second now.
I tell them to cut the shit out.
If they don't listen, they are out of my life.

When you are 57 years old and you start calling the shots, making your own choices, and not having to answer to anyone, that's an improvement.
Do I forget?
Not for a minute.
Forgetting would leave me wide open for more abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment