Saturday, March 26, 2011

what's on my mind a lot

Ever since April 30, 1967, the day my baby was born and my parents stole him away, I have had nightmares of faceless people kidnapping my baby boy.
After discovering the truth, those nightmares finally stopped.

Ever since April 30, 1967, the day my baby was born and my parents stole him away, I have had an agony inside me, every waking hour, possibly three times every waking hour, with my heart crying out "I want my baby back!"
this continues daily, and although I now have the truth, and a fine son,
he will never ba a baby again, and I will never get the lost years back.
This agony continues to haunt me.

The truth is always the best answer to any situation. Denial is crippling.
Forcing a child to live a lie is horrific and damaging beyond words.

When my daughters were young, I always told them reliable truth, tempered with age appropriate ommitions. I always encouraged them to speak their minds, even when it was hard to hear teen angst..... but most of all, I was determined to give my children what I never had growing up; unconditional love and respect. I also spent time with them, teaching, having fun, going for walks, self defense instructions, I taught them the buddy system, so nobody gets left behind and defenseless in a bad situation.

Yes, it is a lot of information, but given in small amounts over time,
caringly........ is far better than not arming them to deal with the world.
We absolutely went to amusement parks, country drives, trips to the beach,
picnics, shopping excursions....... we actually had "Mom & Me" days, where I spent the whole day with one child at a time for special attention.

Childhood can be a blessing instead of a curse. The parents have to choose.
If the parents are horrible, they need to be replaced.

I love all of my kids, and am very glad that my son actually spent time at my home in Emmitsburg and worked with my then-husband and got to know his sisters better. I am sorry we did not have the truth of their being siblings back then, but we always loved him.
His sisters love him now, and are glad to have a brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment