Sunday, May 15, 2011

small memory recall

I keep getting small bits of memory come back to me, and today was the first time I remembered my son's first steps. We were in the living room on Henderson Ave. and I had been walking him around holding his hands. Then I got on my knees a few feet in front of him and put my hands out and asked him to walk to me and he did. He was so cute and happy. My mother said he was supposed to walk to her first.

I had the joy of his first steps. I lost the joy for a long time, but now I remember it again.

**********************************
Remarkably, I just had another memory; my son's first tooth.
I remember feeding him and he kept clunking his tooth on the spoon, so I said "Let me see that little toothie" and put my finger on his tooth, and he bit me. I yelped "Ouch" and he laughed and laughed.

What a great night this has been, 2 good memories!

**********************************

make that 3.... I remember that when Mom took my son out and got his hair cut for the first time, I was really sad because all of his blond curls were gone. I told her not to do it.

She didn't want anyone to think he was a girl. He wasn't not dressed like a girl, so I didn't see it as a real valid point.



oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment