Sunday, May 1, 2011

strong emotions

I just saw a photo from my family on my 12th birthday, posted by one of my sisters on facebook, and it makes me feel just sick inside. It was one picture of me, my brother and sister, our dog and my mother, disguised in a maternity outfit. October 11, 1966 was the day I got the camera from my grandmother for my 12th birthday, and I was the one who was pregnant.
Mom was posing for the big lie......... and it was way too soon for anyone to be 'showing' in the pregnancy that resulted in my son'e birth on April 30, 1967.
I do not know why my sister posted it, or why she 'tagged' me in the post, maybe she was trying to get a reaction from me? I'm very upset.
I am trying very hard to get this situation resolved in my family, and trying very hard to not start any fights over it.

I deserve to have a clear and reasonable conversation with those who fail to believe me. I know the lie was well established, but I still have a right to own the truth of my own history, and the parenthood of my own son.

my hands are shaking and I need an excedrin.

******************************
originally posted may 1st, the day after my son's 44th birthday. one of my daughters suggested my sister likely posted the photo on that day to jab at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment